This recipe is not only delicious, but it also may be ideal for supporting brain health and helping with mild memory loss associated with aging. Sweet potatoes are high in antioxidants that have may help support healthy cognitive function. Brussels sprouts are also an excellent source of antioxidants and vitamin K, which plays a crucial role in brain health and may support healthy cognitive function. Finally, turkey breast is a great source of protein and contains an amino acid called tryptophan, which helps to produce serotonin, a neurotransmitter that supports mood and memory. By combining these brain-boosting ingredients into a delicious roasted dish, you can enjoy a meal that's both healthy and satisfying!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 turkey breast
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped, or 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix diced sweet potatoes and halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, thyme, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey breast in a roasting pan, and surround it with the seasoned sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts.
- Roast for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the turkey breast reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes, and serve.
Note: The roasting dish should be uncovered during cooking. This allows the heat to circulate around the ingredients and helps to achieve a satisfying crispy exterior on the turkey breast and vegetables. If it seems like the turkey is getting too crispy, cover the dish at the end of the cooking time.