Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups for a Healthier Valentine's Treat
For a chocolate treat that’s simple to make, try dark chocolate almond butter cups. These tasty cups include almond butter, another food with important nutrients for cognition. Almond butter contains healthy omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E, an antioxidant. These nutrients may help support cognitive function.
This no-bake recipe gives you a convenient way to make a special treat for Valentine’s Day. Just pop it in the freezer, and you’ll have a delicious dark chocolate dessert to enjoy after dinner. Keep in mind that you can use another nut butter, such as peanut butter or cashew butter if you prefer. You can also use a regular-sized muffin tin to make these if you want bigger dark chocolate almond butter cups instead of mini ones. Note that the maple syrup in this recipe is optional. Use it if you want added sweetness, but these cups are just as tasty if you leave it out.
- 12 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt
- Put dark chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl
- Microwave chocolate and oil for 1 minute, stir, then microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until chocolate is fully melted
- Place liners in mini muffin tray
- Pour 1 tsp of melted chocolate into the muffin liners, then place tray in freezer or fridge for 5 to 10 minutes
- Put maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract in a small bowl, then stir
- Remove tray from freezer or fridge, and spoon 1 to 1.5 tsp almond butter mix into each cup
- Cover almond butter mix with 1/2 tsp of melted chocolate until fully covered
- Sprinkle sea salt on each cup
- Place tray in freezer to harden
- Remove tray and serve almond butter cups
Eating healthy is just one way to help support cognitive function. Supplements, such as Prevagen, offer another way. Prevagen contains apoaequorin, which was originally discovered in jellyfish, to offer cognitive support. Read Prevagen reviews for more information on this supplement.