Why You Need Alone Time
When you lead a busy life, spending time alone seems like an afterthought. Maybe you feel like you’re too busy to take time out for yourself or you think it’s a waste of time to not be productive. But a bit of alone time in a packed schedule isn’t a waste of time.
Benefits of Spending Time Alone
You might be surprised to find that many studies show benefits to spending time alone. Here are a few science-back benefits of solitude.
- Benefit #1 – Boost Productivity – A little solitude can actually boost your productivity. Constantly being surrounded by people can lower productivity according to studies.
- Benefit #2 – While we’re social beings who need strong connections with others, alone time is equally important. Enjoying time alone has been linked to better stress management, life satisfaction, and increased happiness.
- Benefit #3 – Improve Memory and Concentration – When you spend time alone, you improve your focus and studies actually show that you may even retain and recall things better with some time alone.
- Benefit #4 – Spark Creativity – Many artists or authors take off alone to do their work. Why? Because alone time allows brain functions to change and your mind to wander, which can increase creativity.
Activities to Do Alone
If you struggle to slow down and spend some time alone, here are a few great activities to try on your own:
- Meditation – Meditation is an excellent way to spend some time alone. Not only does it give you the benefits of alone time, but it also helps preserve the aging brain, improves concentration and attention, and can reduce stress and anxiety.
- Go for a Walk or Hike – Getting outdoors in nature is excellent for your health, and going on your own gives you a chance to challenge your body, enjoy solitude, and connect with nature.
- Journaling – Writing in a journal gives you a chance to sit down with your thoughts alone and reflect on the day. Journaling your thoughts and feelings also has other benefits, such as reducing stress, managing anxiety, boosting mood, and improving memory.
Schedule a few minutes of alone time each day to reap the benefits. And don’t forget to add your Prevagen brain supplements to your daily routine. They’ll add even more brain health and memory benefits to your day, and they’re pharmacist recommended.