Sleep Matters...No Matter How Busy You Are
More than 50% of young professionals say that work stress keeps them from sleeping. And if you think you’ll catch up on sleep when you’re older, you’re in for a big surprise. If you’re not getting the sleep you need, it can lead to lots of health problems, leave you grumpier at work, nodding off at your desk, and it’s even tough on your brain.
No matter how busy you are, sleep matters! Sleep deprivation lowers your resistance to stress and can harm the brain. That’s because sleep is restorative. Sleep loss even interferes with learning and memory. Getting enough sleep can restore clarity and memory.
So, if you’re busy and you know you’re not getting enough sleep, how can you get more snooze time? Here are a few tips that can help:
- Make sure you’re going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time. It regulates your body and helps you fall asleep easier.
- Your bedroom should be dark, quiet, and inviting to make it easier to fall asleep.
- Keep watching TV, arguments, and work out of the bedroom. You should have positive associations with your sleep area.
- If your brain is racing with worry, take time to calm your mind before you try to sleep.
- Skip the electronics before bed. That blue light interferes with falling asleep.
- Skip the after-dinner cocktails. Drinking alcohol, especially if you overdo it, might wake you up at night.
- Get exercise earlier in the day. While working out can actually help you sleep better, if you do it too close to bedtime, you’ll reenergize yourself.
Remember, if you want your brain to perform better, you’ve got to get enough sleep. And adding a Prevagen supplement to your day is another simple, fast way to boost brain health on the go.