Try This Tasty Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
A bowl of chili can hit the spot on a cool fall day or evening. Give this turkey sweet potato chili a try. This turkey sweet potato chili recipe has multiple ingredients of supportive nutrients
Enjoying a warm bowl of chili is a great way to spend a crisp fall afternoon or evening. Chili is a filling meal that’s easy to pack with nutrients. This turkey sweet potato chili recipe has multiple ingredients with supportive nutrients. It also offers a delicious meal that’s simple to make.
Turkey has several nutrients that may support healthy cognitive function. These include B3, B6, B12, zinc, choline, tyrosine, selenium, and L-tryptophan.
Sweet potatoes contain beta carotene, that the body transforms into vitamin A, an antioxidant. They also have vitamin B6 and vitamin C, another healthy antioxidant.
Kidney beans and black beans both have B vitamins. Other ingredients that may support healthy cognitive function include olive oil, garlic, and paprika.
Chili is a fairly flexible recipe in terms of the ingredients and amounts you use. You can add more turkey, sweet potatoes, or other nutritious ingredients if desired. You can also top your chili with other ingredients like reek yogurt or shredded cheddar cheese.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 chopped medium onion
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 14-oz can drained red kidney beans or black beans
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper
Topping Ingredients (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Add olive oil to medium pot
- Add chopped onion and sauté on medium-high heat for 5 minutes
- Add ground turkey and garlic
- Break up turkey with a spoon and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add garlic, tomatoes, chicken broth, sweet potatoes, kidney beans, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper, then stir
- Increase heat until chili boils
- Reduce heat to medium and cover pot, but leave lid open slightly
- Cook for 15 to 25 minutes until sweet potato chunks are soft
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning
- Add desired toppings
You can make a large pot of turkey sweet potato chili, divide it into individual servings, and freeze it. This can give you convenient, healthy meals for weeks. Looking for other ways to support cognitive function this fall? Cognitive supplements provide an easy way to do so. Prevagen contains apoaequorin, which was originally discovered in jellyfish and is associated with support for cognitive function. Learn more about this supplement through Prevagen reviews.