Relieving Stress With Laughter
When it comes to stress, sometimes laughter really is the best medicine. Read on to learn ways you can help manage stress by getting a good laugh.
- Watch something humorous. This could be a favorite television show or movie, or even a funny video on youtube.com.
- Tell a joke. Getting someone else to laugh is sure to lift your spirits.
- Laugh with your spouse, a friend, or a family member. Talk about an old memory of fun times together.
- Smile in a mirror. Smiles are contagious. If you don't have someone to share a smile with, smile at yourself!
- Laugh at yourself. We all do funny things. Having a good sense of humor in situations like forgetting your glasses are on top of your head is a good way to keep a positive outlook on life.
- Laugh every day. The more you laugh, the more you'll laugh.